RE: TR3 or TR3A?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR3 or TR3A?
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:13:33 -0400

> According to Moss catalogue 1st TR3A is TS22014 (September 1957). My
> car is
> apparently among the first 700 TR3a's produced. Don't know why title
> sez '58.

        [Musson, Carl]  That is primarily a fault of the American Big 3
(or was it more in '57) because they introduced the new model year in
late summer.

> I get a bit of a kick from the knowledge that this car is almost
> (within a
> month or so) as old as its owner, DOB 6/30/58. I feel sure I was in
> existence
> for at least 9 months prior - or 11/30/57, but unavailable for
> comment.

        [Musson, Carl]  I would be willing to bet that you made several
comments during that time period.  Just in a different format...

        <snip>

      Ken Nuelle
      58 TR3A
      62 TR3B
      64 TR4

        Carl Musson
        '58 TR3A - TS 25264L - Daily Driver
        '61 TR3A - TS81302LO - Concours Wannabe...
        Tampa, Florida (USA)