TR6 steering wheel finished

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 steering wheel finished
From: John Worthy <jworthy@pcug.org.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:21:35 +1000
Cc: DLH@episcopalhighschool.org
Well I've done it.  Turned out real good too.  The secret is much the same
as you get with any paint job on a car.  Here goes:

1)      Use whatever grade of wet and dry you need to remove or smooth surface
rust and old paint.
        A Dremel tool for stubborn rust would be ideal.

2)      If rust still exists spary on some sort of kill rust.  Luckily I got rid
of mine.

3)      Prime.  Because the casting has a lot of bumps in it I used a Primer
Surfacer which bulks    out depressions, file marks and scratches.  I sprayed
this 3 times.

4)      Use 1200 grade as a finisher.

5)      Spray with (in my case) silver.

6)      In a few days I'll buff out a couple of very small imperfections.

QED

John