Re: Blown fuse (was: voltage stabilizers...)

To: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Blown fuse (was: voltage stabilizers...)
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:32:44 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-21 14:33:50 EDT, cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com writes:

> On a related topic (I think). I just put a new sport coil in my Tr4,
>       and within a few miles I had blown the fuse that controls my guages
>       and blinkers. Mere coincidence? Can a new coil cause the fuse to
>       overload? Am I overstressing the voltage stabilizer?

Charlie,

If everything is as it's supposed to be, it was just a coincidence. The coil
gets its power from the ignition key via a white wire, which is unfused. The
blinkers are powered from the ignition switch via a light green wire, a fuse,
and a green wire(s). The stabilizer gets its power from the same fuse/green
wire(s) The gauges are fed from the stabilizer by a green/black(?) wire.

At least, per the wiring diagrams I have. It's entirely possible that someone
has rewired your car. If your car still ran when the fuse blew, then the coil
is isolated from the fuse, as it should be, and there is no way for the coil
to overload the blinker/gauge circuit, or the stabilizer.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74