British Cars and a fine fall day

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: British Cars and a fine fall day
From: "Dahman, Ken" <Ken.Dahman@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:18:51 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'alpines@autox.team.net'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, "'mini-list@auto.team.net'" <mini-list@auto.team.net>, "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
To: the Triumph Listers
cc: various other British Car Listers

St. Louis, Missouri, Creve Coeur Lake Park
Sunday, September 20, 1998

Temperature in the mid 80's F
Partially Sunny skies
Light westerly breeze moving across the lake
A beautiful fall day in the Midwest...

160 +  British Cars ( I heard that number, I didn't count them )

Marque and models included:

        Triumph - TR 2, 3, 4, 250, 6, 7, and 8
        MG - TC, TD, TF, A, B, and Midget
        Jag - XK150, and E-Type
        Austin-Healey - 100/3000
        Austin-Healey - Bug Eye and "Square" Sprite
Alpine
Morgan
Tiger
Mini
Lotus
De Lorean (sp?)
Daimler (sp?)  1911 King George model  ( a real beauty ) lots of $$$$$
Big Saloons -  Rolls, Jag, Triumph 2000

(I hope that I did not error and omit any)

This show was organized by the St. Louis MG Car Club as a part of an entire
weekend of British Car oriented activities. The MG'ers deserve a big THANKS from
the local British Car folks.

Some special awards of note to you fellow listers:

                A Commemoration of Donald M. Healey's 100th  birthday Award to:
                Keith Bester for his many years of  furthering the A-H Marque
and the Gateway Healey Club.

                A 75 Year Celebration of the TRIUMPH Marque Award to:
                Dave Massey and his wife Linda for their many years of
contributions to both further the Marque and to promote the St. Louis Triumph
Owners Association.

                AND, ( this is for you John Mac of the Triumph list )
                the show organizers, (MG'ers), choose and gave the
                BEST OF SHOW AWARD to a....

                Triumph 2000 Saloon

I think that this last award was a great gesture and showed great British car
thinking on the part of the show organizers.

I say this not just because the car was Triumph, but because the car was a
driver, and was not bought and restored to be the typical "Best of Show" kind of
car.

The car owners, Bill and Florence Elwood, are not members of any of the clubs in
the local area. They used to live in the St. Louis area but they have been
living in the Decatur IL area since they retired a number of years ago.

They purchased the car in from a local (St. Louis) Chevy dealership back in the
early 70's and maintained it (very, very nicely but not Concours d') since then.
They drove it to St. Louis to visit their daughter and, by the way,  place the
car in the local  show.

I don't know if they are on any of the lists or will here about this through
some other source, but my Congratulations to the Elwoods.

Oh, and the writer is pleased to say that his pride and joy (in an automotive
sense) was awarded a 2nd place in the TR 2, 3, 4, and 250 popularity class.

All in all, GOOD SHOW!

Ken Dahman
Manchester (St. Louis County), Missouri, USA
'59 TR3-A  TS/46295-LO  "Winston"
Ken.Dahman@anheuser-busch.com