Leon's progress

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Leon's progress
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:09:18 -0400 (EDT)

--part0_906498062_boundary

[Apologies from me -- Andy -- if this does come through twice!]

Hello everyone!
Here I am still with the plot, more or less...
Since last 'speaking' with you, I have driven from Indianapolis up to Toronto,
Canada in one day,
including stopping off for a couple of hours at the Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg
Museum at Auburn, Indianapolis which was quite fantastic...
Detroit was notable for it's grimy unpleasantness, and the long/slow diversion
from the Interstate, (along 'Michigan' Road), that's the one with the seedy
sex parlors and 'working girls' walking the sidewalk.
When I passed by Fo Mo Co's World Headquarters, I had to smile at the broken
down Ford right outside the main entrance with the hood up and steam issuing
forth!!!
I made it into Canada, and I must say how much nicer Windsor was than Detroit,
in fact it might have been on another planet. It then got dark and I realised
with some concern how much further I still had to drive, but nonetheless, I
continued with the hood/soft-top still firmly in the down position.
Eventually making it into downtown Burlington after negotiating the Canadian's
own unique traffic system.
Next day, Sunday 20 Sept, I attended the Toronto Triumph Club's 15th Annual
British Car day at Bronte Park,
This was very successful indeed, blazing sun all day, well over a thousand
cars, and more than half of them Triumphs! Most Enjoyable, That evening I
attended a Charity cruise to look at some elderly hotted-up Merkan Iron,(still
in Canada remember), That too was a lot of fun...
Next day, Monday 21 Sept, I set off for the Niagara Falls which were extremely
spectacular...
thence across the bridge back into the Land of the Free, (no toll)...The
Customs officer, asked me who's car the TR6 was, and I said it belonged to my
friend from Tennessee, and he asked me how I met him, and when I said 'On the
Internet.Triumph Newsgroup', he asked me if I have a Triumph at home ?, to
which I replied, yes of course I do...and that was that...
Thence I continued, hood still down on to Oswego, where I spent the night
before next day, ( Tues 22 Sept ) when I moved on to Albany in New York State,
and the indomitable Andy Mace!, wher I sit now in front of that gentleman's
computing machine!
Until next we speak
I remain yours 'in TR6' with hood still firmly down, after about 1800
miles...and if I have my way, that is exactly how it will stay for the
remaining 1000 odd miles.
bye now
Leon F Guyot

--part0_906498062_boundary--