Re: TR3 Windshield

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Windshield
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:12:14 -0600
My experience with the not-quite-flat glass is mixed. I have tried twice
myself and succeeded once. The last time the job needed to be done I
took it to a glass place. I made sure that they guaranteed that they
would cover the cost of a new glass if they broke the one I supplied.

Dave Q.
'61 TR3A

Joanna Ellis asked:
I have a 1962 TR3B with its original, now very pitted, windshield. With
its
restoration nearing and end, I'd like to replace the glass. I haven't
ordered
the glass yet. Does anyone have any experience and/or sage advice about
replacing the glass? Should it be done on or off the car? Dare I trust
it to a
glass company? How many tries before success?