Leon's continuing TRavels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leon's continuing TRavels
From: billsohl@planet.net (Bill Sohl)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:58:52 -0500
Cc: DANMAS@aol.com
Hello Sportscar fans!
Here I am again, and this time I am in the home of Bill and Linda Sohl (of
the VTR) at Budd Lake, New Jersey...having driven from Andy Mace's home
this morning. When I left his place it was freezing and we had to scrape
the ice of the windshield...I left the soft-top/hood up for the very first
time on the trip, (shame), but I didn't want to damage the soft-top,
however, on reaching New York City, I put it back down again...took a
couple of photos and continued along my merry way.
Now, whilst I can happily report that there have been no mechanical
problems so far, (in just over 2,000 miles so far!) There has been an
unfortunate problem with the bonnet/hood, which has become firmly, and I
mean firmly, stuck in the down position! Even the great Andy Mace failed to
get it to release, despite applying CPR and choice words! We even consulted
the VTR oracle, which gave heaps of useful advice. But not to worry, as we
are sure that tomorrow will bring a solution to the dilemma.(More on that
later).
Talking of tomorrow, I plan to drive via Fred Thomas in Stafford, Virginia,
thence via Jim Williams in Lewisburg, West Virginia, before finally coming
to rest in Blacksburg, Virginia, with Tom & Linda Long.
A tough schedule, but we will do our best!
Until next time
Leon F Guyot
(TRiumph TRaveller)