Compression Ratio/Octane

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Compression Ratio/Octane
From: Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:38:16 -0400
Fellow Triumphanatics,

In rebuilding the lump on my GT6, I've just found out that I need new
pistons.  This motor is from a '69 + (engine KD55XXX).  In it were +.020
domed pistons.  The head had been off the motor for 15 years prior to me
getting it, so I've no idea how it ran. I understand that this motor
likely originally had flat pistons (thanks, Barry).  If I go back with
+.030 domed pistons, am I going to be able to get by running on 93
octane or is there going to be too much compression?  To my knowledge,
only .010 has been taken from the head and the block has not been
decked.  Thanks for any insight.

D.
Spit FM90204UO
GT6KF20632