Leon's corporal existence back in Britain !

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leon's corporal existence back in Britain !
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 17:40:43 EDT
Hello listers.
I am back in England again, after a good flight across the pond.
Today is Monday and Dan Masters has gone up to Blacksburg, Virginia to find
out what has happened with his TR6, (hood/cooling system saga)...
Yesterday (Sunday) Morning, we went to Sears and he purchased a hole saw tyoe
tool, and was muttering about bulkheads and access holes!
I just hope he has less grief than just about everyone else in getting that
hood open...let's all wish him the best of luck...
I would like to take this opportunity to express my deep and abiding gratitude
to all my Triumph lister friends across the United States for all the selfless
help that they so willing gave to me during my foray into that great
country...
It could not have been possible without them, all plans worked out, with a few
minor glitches and I really enjoyed meeting up with eveyone I ran into along
the way...
There are some really great characters out there and some really great
Triumphs.
The cars may not all be Concours examples, but it matters not a jot, for at
the end of the day, it really is the people that matter, not the cars.
The full story will appear in due course, but until then, my appreciation to
all, including Dan Masters (Southern Gentleman) and his wonderful lady wife
(what a cook), to Bill Blake in Columbus (good luck with the V8 TR6), Tom &
Vicki Beaver
(still eating all that BBQ'd chicken I expect), Whatshisname from Logansport,
Indiana,(oh yeah, Frank Heathcote), Indiana Triumph Cars, Ted Schumacher &
Doris, (gracious hosts), but hey, isn't Ted a helluva guy, and what a great
Triumph business he has going...(just buy his stuff!), then Andy St.J.Mace,
(Chaotic organiser, or is that Organised Chaos ?), whatever, he is truely the
enthusiasts enthusiast, and the perfect President (of VTR), then Bill & Linda
Sohl...MY kind of people and NO, New Jersey really isn't so bad, the Parkways
are Magnificent...
(I still don't know why American's Park on the Driveway and Drive on the
Parkway?),NO don't explain...then of course, I had the pleasure of lunch with
Fred Thomas, a really great guy, and hey listen to what he has to say about
powder coating...I WAS impressed by his (home baked) results!!!, and his 59
TR3A is just so 'right', and I LOVE Virginia, it is so beautiful...I just want
to live there...
Then of course, there was Tom & Linda Long of Blacksburg, sorry about the
steaming TR6, but it was great to spend some time with you guy's, your company
excelled...
I think that was about everyone,(or nearly!), on the Right Coast...
More later
Leon F Guyot
(gone to bed)