Still befuddled

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Still befuddled
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 18:00:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, here is the latest update.  Thanks to all who have responded. Many
things to check and try proposed by all. I spent yesterday playing with and
checking the fuel system. Output of the fuel pump is good hot and cold.  I
pulled the carbs and checked the floats and the action of the needle valves.
Both were fine.  I am going to find something to insulate the fuel line as
it comes around the engine, but it didn't feel particularly hot after a run
on the freeway.

By the way, just what is the boiling point of gasoline?

One of the guys at the parts store suggested getting a fresh eye to look at
it.  I  may be so used to looking at it that I don't see the flaw. Anyone
got a spare I could borrow? I promise to return it in good shape.

I do note that I have (and always have had) to set the mixture all the way
to rich to get a decent mixture that's not too lean.  Again plugs look good
(light grayish powdery look).

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK