re: Say it ain't so, Joe

To: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Say it ain't so, Joe
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 98 17:29:22 -0600
I believe that this was the Triumph Acclaim. It is suprisingly similar
[{:-)] to our Accord of the day.

Shawn
-------------
Original Text
From: "Ken Bertschy" <kentop@dakotacom.net>, on 10/14/98 5:18 PM:
Whilst perusing one  Michael Sedgwick's many car books, I came across this
quote from page 234 of his "Cars of the 50s and 60s":

"...Soon, too, the Japanese would be drawn into the international picture,
with liasons between Chrysler and Mitsubishi, General Motors and Isuzu, and
Ford and Mazda. In 1981, a deal between British Leyland and Honda would
lead to a race of almost wholly Japanese Triumphs."

So, does anybody have one of these Honda made Triumphs? Is there oil under
it?

It seems that the points made about "foreign made Triumphs" are already
moot.