My 5-litre TR-7 is convincing...

To: Triumph Digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: My 5-litre TR-7 is convincing...
From: PScales <pscales@blvl.igs.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 17:35:47
Although my daily driver is a stock 2-litre TR-7 which has enough highway
speed, etc, for most situations, I also own a "sleeper" TR-7 with a Mustang
302 cu. in. engine with four barrel carb and headers, tight Ford 4 spd, and
Ford/Mercury rear end.  I love the sound of the Mustang mufflers (a tight
fit, I assure you), and the ability to almost lift the front end off the
ground in first and second gear is pretty sweet, too.  Yet it looks like a
TR-7, and fits in with my Brit car buddies.  It handles a bit funny, and I
should probably up-size the front brakes, but otherwise it is a fine sports
car, IMHO.

Why do an engine conversion?  Because it can be done, and perhaps because
it makes an already unique automobile even *more* unique.  Carrol Shelby
tried it, and became a millionaire when he found that he could sell his
little-but-hugely-overpowered Cobra to many affluent enthusiasts.

Try it; you might like it!

Peter
Trenton, Ontario
Trying to dissipate all the under-hood heat.