Re: The TR6 Is A Sleeper....

To: Trmgafun@aol.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The TR6 Is A Sleeper....
From: John Richardson <johnr@intellicorp.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:11:22 -0700

Scott,

I too have always thought TR6's were under valued simply because the other
six cylinder British roadsters were so much more expensive (E-type, AH).

>From a personal perspective I always covet classic cars that are good value
for the money, which is why I like Triumphs soo much.  I rank British cars,
price independent, as follows:

E-Type
AH 3000
TR's excluding 7's & 8's (sorry, just personal preference)
MGB/A
Spitfire
Midget/sprite

As a youngster growing up I always wanted an E-type, but now, if I had to
pay for it, forget it.  I'd rather have a TR that will cost me a quarter of
the price.  The TR is more durable and cost much less to repair.  These two
factors and its lower value mean I would feel much more at ease driving the
car to its limit the way it was intended to be driven.  What percentage of
E-types do you suppose are regularly driven at there limit, or regularly
driven period?

Now if a TR-6 (or any TR as through the TR6 they are all pretty much in the
 same ballpark) cost as much as an AH 3000, I would like them much less,
but I think most LBC fans have a personal ranking similar to the above, and
for that reason, I think TR's will only appreciate as E-types and AH's
appreciate, and since LBC's now have a lot more modern competition, Miata,
Boxer, Z3, I really wonder if the group will appreciate in the coming years.

Just my .02.

John