RE: question ...

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'mgc@bninter.org'" <mgc@bninter.org>
Subject: RE: question ...
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:03:53 -0000
BMIHT is the british motor industry heritage trust and is formed to do
various things form keeping archives aka build records, history etc and is
responsible for producing nla bodyparts and shells. For contact numbers you
might want to look at my web site at
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/garage/1048
Matching numbers are of interest in so far as it tells you that you have the
original units in the car. This might enhance the value for some people,
others(aka me) don't bother and think its not woth a penny. It refers to
engine, chassis, body, gearbox numbers and your problem when buying will be
that you don't have the build record and thus can't check. If the seller has
the record you obviously can check, just make your mind up wether you think
its worth paying extra for something that you won't have any use of.

Regards, Gernot