Re: Refitting a tenax stud (TR3)

To: Jack McCarrick <jmccarr@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: Refitting a tenax stud (TR3)
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:32:05 -0800
No idea if this would work - another off-the-wall-idea - but if I have a
wood screw hole that's worn too large, I insert a toothpick or other
small sliver of wood into the hole before inserting the screw. What if
you took a thin piece of brass or copper flat stock, maybe 1/8" or so
wide, bent it a bit so it wouldn't fall through the hole and then placed
it in the oversized hole with the bent part sticking out to hold on to -
then inserted the Tenax bolt? The bolt threads should be forced into the
existing threads on one side of the hole and would cut new ones in the
strip of brass. Don't know if it would hold up under the tension from
the hood, but might be worth a shot. If you try it, I'd be curious to
know if it works. Good luck.

--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT