Needed a set of (five) 1970 GT6 stock rims.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Needed a set of (five) 1970 GT6 stock rims.
From: VATAINC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 20:24:33 EST
I'm in need of a set (five) 1970 GT6 stock rims for my Herald restoration.
1970 rims  offer a width of 4 1/2" over the stock 3 1/2" while still appearing
to be stock Herald wheels. Andy Mace was ever so nice to give me the
following, very complete, information to insure I find the right wheels:

"It's tough to ID these wheels even in person sometimes without being able to
see the inside rim, where the size should be It's tough to ID these wheels
even in person sometimes without being able to see the inside rim, where the
size should be
stamped. And it's even harder in a photograph. But there are some marks
you can hopefully reference, at least in person. On the inside of the rim
will be the following: RSM 42  4 1/2J x 13  CE  MADE IN ENGLAND. On the
outer face of the rim, with the valve at 6:00, the "bosses" that are in
between the four stud holes should be at 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30. On
the 4:30 boss should be "LP875". I can't promise all of them will have
that marking, but three that I just checked did -- all in the same place.

I believe that the LP875 is a Dunlop code or part number. It is possible
that these wheels were also made by Sankey (and possibly another
company). This was the case with Herald and other Triumph wheels -- more
than one supplier. Sankey wheels might have different codes, but the rim
inside should still show the size marking.

Oh, one more thing. Do make sure that these are the 3 3/4" bolt pattern
wheels. The Triumph 2000 sedan also used 4 1/2" wheels, but they use the
4 1/2" (?) bolt pattern of the TR series, and these won't fit a
Herald-chassis car!"

Please E-mail me directly if you have any of these for sale. Thanks!

Tom Call Oregon City,OR
Heralds