Re: Voltmeter

To: trumpet@bellsouth.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Voltmeter
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:38:37 EST
In a message dated 98-11-06 01:36:48 EST, trumpet@bellsouth.net writes:

> So, other than too many volts, what does it mean to my '74 TR 6 when the
>  voltmeter is maxing out?

John,

It means the regulator in your alternator has gone bad, and your battery will
soon follow if the alternator is not repaired/replaced soon. The excessive
voltage from the alternator will cook the battery, and if it is not one of the
sealed type, it may boil over and damage the paint/sheet metal under and
around it. If it is one of the sealed type, it may explode.

Dan
Atlanta, Ga for a few days (spoiling my grandson again)