Question re TR3 engine mounts

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Question re TR3 engine mounts
From: "Nigel West, Physiology" <west@skyway.usask.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:55:22 -0600
I finally have my TR3 frame back from the shop and want to make a start hanging
things off it. A couple of dumb questions re engine mounts:

1. I notice that the bolt to the engine plate on the mounts is closer to one
end of the mount than the other.  Does the end closest to the bolt go towards
the front or back of the frame?

2. Moss catalogue has steady brackets, 2/mount. It is hard to see from the
diagram how they attach to the mount and Moss seems to be the only outfit
selling them. Are they necessary and if so, will they fit mounts bought at the
TR shop, London (I get around a bit). How do they work?

Cheers,

Nigel

Nigel West,
Professor, Physiology,