Re: Massey Ferguson

To: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Massey Ferguson
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:17:58 -0500
Egil wrote:
>On 23 Nov 1998, Dave Massey wrote:

>> When Q developed the Astin-Martin that would shoot out an oil slick and
>> smoke screen,
>> did he do anything special or did he just put a Triumph motor in it?
>
>Speaking of which: My engine has developed an oil leak of a certain
>severity - enough to make me have to top up the oil more often than usual.
>I've trained in vain to find the source. It seems it only happens at
>speed: there is certainly not a drop of oil even after 15 minutes at idle.
>
>This made me think: Perhaps I should rather spend my time constructing
>some deflectors behind the engine to spread the oil to the various parts
>of the chassis where it is really needed for rust protection, instead of
>making it all collect around the transmission tunnel?
>
>Egil
>- --
>Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92027705 Fax: +47 22525899
>Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway

Egil,

The Morgans have a unique front suspension lubrication system that
utilizes a special foot operated valve that will direct some of the
pressurized engine lubrication oil into the kingpins.  Perhaps this
valve along with a special manifold could be set up to "rust proof"
your automobile.

Just a thought.

Watch this space for an announcement of the new Ferguson-Massey
Automobile Rust-Proofing System.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA

P.S.  ;-)

P.P.S.  Maybe letting Michael have top billing ain't all bad.