Re: Spitfire Hardtop

To: Thomas Dertz <s961051@stud.nhh.no>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Hardtop
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:47:06 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thomas:

I just acquired one for my 1970 Mk.III - after a lengthy (several year)
search.  There is, I believe, a slight difference in the attachment
configuration.  I seem to remember some documentation regarding changes at
commission no. FD20,000.  This is also supported in the spitfire parts
manual, showing a different P/N for the hardtop after 20,000.

You may wish to contact Ted Schumacher, from whom I bought my top.  He may
have another.  Here's his website:

    http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com

Good luck.

Martin Libhart