Re: TR4: Oil pressure feed pipe & tatooed stud

To: wdaehler@execpc.com
Subject: Re: TR4: Oil pressure feed pipe & tatooed stud
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:42:53 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I can't believe this is the right stud.  It looks like a normal 5/16 th
 stud with fine thread on one end and course on the other.  I threaded it
 into the block.  How is the pressure of engine oil supposed to slip out
 to the ring on the oil feed hose?  Osmosis?  Telepathy?  This stud is
 way too short anyway.  By the time all the hardware is assembled, there
 is nothing left for the acorn to grab onto. >>

It's a normal 5/16 stud. The oil goes between it and the oil filter mount and
into the pressure line. Try backing the stud out a turn or two and then
assemble, in order, brass washer, oil line, brass washer, nut. If it works and
doesn't leak, move on.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B