Re: Matching Numbers

To: toad <toad@storm.ca>
Subject: Re: Matching Numbers
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 16:59:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, toad wrote:

> To me, matching numbers are most important.  Vehicle number and engine
> number must match assembly data in order to have a vehicle that has
> clean lineage.

Frankly, I'd rather have a car that starts when you turn the key, drives
when you push the gas, and shifts when you want it to.  And considering
you won't be thinking much about engine numbers when tooling through the
twisties at excessive speed, does it matter?  You can't see the engine
from the drivers' seat...

True, there's something to be said about clean lineage, but I kinda like
the clean lines of my TR4 as they are...  I have a TR4A engine, TR6 seats,
chevy alternator, roll bar, fiberglass hard top, etc, etc, etc.  Runs
pretty nice though!

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm