Last Ride . . . A Beautiful Day In North Carolina

Subject: Last Ride . . . A Beautiful Day In North Carolina
From: "Tom Winslow" <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:38:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
November 29 has been quite an unusual day. The temperature was in the low
70's and the weather was beautiful. The wife and I got the older Son and
Grandbabies on their way back to Virginia around noon. We found ourselves
all alone on a beautiful day so we decided to get the TR4A out of the garage
and go for a ride. We put the top down and headed out as the neighbors
watched in envy. Without telling the wife, I decided to head to Statesville.
I heard that the Traveling (Vietnam) Wall was setup there at a local
Methodist Church. When we arrived, we met one of our Piedmont British Car
Club members as they were leaving. Wally told us that he and his wife were
going home to get out their '97 Morgan. If you have not seen the 'Wall' you
really should. I thought that I would not be as emotional viewing the
Traveling Wall as I was in DC, I was wrong. About half way through I told
the wife that I need to go back to the TR for my hat.

Anyway, we toured the local area, looked over the historical district, and
visited a few new developments, and, of course, visited the local mall and
'Wally-World' Store. All in all, the last ride was a pleasure. We arrived at
home just as the wife was about to get 'chilled'. The temperature dropped
fast.

I still enjoy seeing the heads turn when the TR drives by. Now I know why I
drive a Triumph.

tw

--
Thomas P. Winslow
1966 TR4A IRS - CTC57665L <> 1968 TR250 - CD4783L <> 1968 TR250 - CD5272L <>