Re: Axle bumpers..

To: cpike@mgl.ca
Subject: Re: Axle bumpers..
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 05:46:41 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/1/98 8:32:00 PM EST, cpike@mgl.ca writes:

<< I have just received two new bump rubbers, which are slid over and
 attached to the rear axle of the TR3A. Maybe I'm missing something, but
 the only way I can see to install these is to remove the axle tubes from
 the differential housing. My service manual gives no procedure for doing
 this. Is this what I must do, and what is the best way? >>

I have always split these somewhere in the thin area, and then glued them in
place. If the original clamps don't survive removal, tie wire will work. Zip
ties may work here as well.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B