TR6 - Air Filter Components

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 - Air Filter Components
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 17:18:09 -0500
I see in the Haynes manual (p.59) that a "support panel" and two hoses are shown
that connect to the air filter front cover (original).

My TR6 doesn't have these air filter components and I've never seen one on any
other TR6.   Does anyone have these components or have seen them and  know where
that support panel was placed?  It is a square piece with two holes, the same
size as the hoses,  that suggest it was located where outside air could enter
and one smaller hole that apparently bolted to something.   I'd been thinking
about converting back to the original filters and running air from the radiator
duct to the carbs so I was intrigued to see that there was some OEM parts that
did this.  Anyone have one of these support panels that they want to sell?

Thanks
Bud  71TR6 CC57365
        71TR6 CC65446 (which ran for the first time last night after I
overhauled the carbs....Yippee)