Re: TR4 tire recommendations sought

To: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 tire recommendations sought
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 00:09:29 -0700

Jack Brooks wrote:

> Dean,
>
> I went through this tire routine earlier in the year for my TR3A.  I called
> all the major manufacturers.  There are no performance tires in this size.
> >From what I found, we're lucky there is still a choice of tires from the
> major manufacturers.  There is a new Vredestein which MAY be close to being
> a performance tire, I'm not sure, but everything else is basically sedan
> class stuff.

For anyone chasing tires, stock or otherwise, I would recommend first
going to The Tire Rack--lots of comparisons from one brand to another,
and automatic warnings pop up in the order process if the tire is not
standard. I recently bought Dunlop Touring 175/70s for the front of the
GT6 and 185/70s for the rear from them (thanks to Richard Ceraldi on the
tip about that size fitting comfortably on the rears). Including
shipping, about $190 for the four. It's possible that there is little
for the TR3 out there, but it might be worth the search. No financial
interest, etc.

Cheers.