Originality - hose connectors on the TR6

To: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Originality - hose connectors on the TR6
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:36:00 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
I have read a lot about originality regarding the TR6.

I bought a green hose kit from TRF.  The kit contained "original style"
hose clamps.  The only problem I see is that they don't match the hose
clips on my TR6 which has the original hose clamps on it.  Most of the
clamps on my car match the "originals" from TRF, but when you get up
near the firewall, the hoses are clamped with more of a modern
screw/band clamp.  These are not of a modern variety (then have a
strange-flat barrel screw head) and are used on the heater hoses near
the firewall as well as the emission control air hose in the same area.

I believe my hoses and clamps are original because the car only had
6,000 original miles on it when I bought it.  The reality of that
mileage has been verified by people who knew the car for years as well
as its general condition.

Anyone know the real story on hose clamps?

Jack Radley
76TR6