Clutch Vibration?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Vibration?
From: jgreenb1@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 07:59:31 -0600 (CST)
I just replaced the thrust washers in my 1969 TR6.  Installation appeared to
be straight forward and everything went back together as it was removed.
Now, however, there is a vibration that feels like the clutch wnehnever a
gear is engaged and the car is in motion.  There is no vibration when the
car is idle in neutral or even when the car is in gear but not moving.

There was quite a bit of play in the crankshaft because of the worn thrust
washers.  Actually only one was worn so much that there were no oil grroves
remaining, but the other washer appeared to be almost new.  I have had the
car for about six years and I don't know if there had been any major repairs
to the engine.

My first thought (and only though, so far), is that there is a problem with
some clearance distances now that the slack has been taken out of the
crankshaft movement.  The PO did install a new clutch when I bought the car,
so installation could have taken place when there was a lot of movement in
the crankshaft.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and any soloution(s) as well?

Jerry Greenberg
1976 TR6 (with 1969 engine)