Spit O/D switch in TR4?

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit O/D switch in TR4?
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 09:23:24 -0800
Listers,

Has anyone ever tried using a Spitfire style O/D switch (mounted on the
shift knob) in another car, such as a TR4? I've always thought the
shift  knob was the correct location for the switch. Is the Spit knob
interchangeable in terms of threads, etc.? I'm pretty certain the
gearbox lever itself is not interchangeable.

Lastly, where do you find the shift knobs? (junkyard?) The two catalogs
I've looked at so far offer everything but the knob itself. Anyone have
a spare to sell for experimentation purposes?

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L (getting O/D'ed, slowly but surely)
--
MZ