RE: SPIT OD

To: "'autoxr@zebra.net'" <autoxr@zebra.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SPIT OD
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:00:15 -0600
Erik,

Yes, the Spitfire O/D trans shares the oil between the gearbox and o/d unit.

The factory manual does list 80-90 wt trans oil as the preferred fluid... I
know that MG used to suggest something more like 20W50 engine oil for it's
o/d transmissions.  Yes, the o/d units themselves were made by Normanville
de Laycock  for both Triumph and MG.... so who's right?

Regards,

Jim