Re: TR4 broken clutch tapered pin

To: GERARD_WINN@HP-France-om9.om.hp.com, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 broken clutch tapered pin
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:23:29 -0800
I used a 3/32" drill bit (just barely in the drill) and drilled
through from the fork side.  You may need to start the hole near
perpendicular to the surface then tilt the drill.  I then used a
1/16" punch which I tapped with a hammer while a friend jiggled
the cross shaft.  The broken pin tip popped right out.

Check your fork closely.  Mine was cracked where the pin thread
in.

I know many people who add a grade 5 bolt  and nylock to the
other side of the fork to help hold everything together.

Brian Kemp