taper pin again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: taper pin again
From: "O'Neil-Hess" <aephoto@mail.netacc.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 09:13:24 -0500
A friend of mine did this two or three years ago, he found out from someone
else. I posted this a year or so ago and it seemingly was ignored at that
time. It is the only elegant solution. Grade 8 bolts etc. border on DP...

Allen Hess

David Brady writes:

>Has anyone ever tried keying the fork to the shaft. It seems like
>there is enough material on the fork and the shaft for this. A
>woodruf key maybe the key fix for this problem :)
>
>Dave Brady

My God!  What a cleaver idea.  A key to take up the torque and
snap rings to locate it on the shaft.