Question-material for carb heat shield, indirect LBC content

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question-material for carb heat shield, indirect LBC content
From: Aribert_Neumann%MIMCO@magna.on.ca
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:18:20 -0500
I have a problem with gas boiling out of my Webbers due to heat soak after
the car is shut down.   This is especially noxious in my attached garage.
I have added a heat shield below the carbs but the heat appears to be
soaking in thru the AL intake manifold.  I am planning on machining some
insulators reduce the heat transfer.  I am thinking of plastic but what
kind?  I originally thought a phenolic material.  I bought a sample of 0.5
in. thick epoxy/fiberglass reinforced phenolic, laid it on the garage
heater and it did not appear to have significant insulating properties.
Suggestions on a readily available material that I can machine to make the
insulators?  Thanks in advance.