RE: OD gear oil- info from Redline

To: "'mister_toad@email.msn.com'" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: OD gear oil- info from Redline
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:12:48 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mark, listers :

I just got a phone call from Ken at BFE.  He's done a 5 year test with
Valvoline 20w50 Racing in his TR2 (dubbed the Red Rocket) O/D.  After a
teardown, he reports that the clutch and bearing surfaces all look fine,
and there was no noticeable wear.  Although the Red Rocket doesn't go drag
racing anymore, it still gets driven regularly (carried the home coming
queen in the parade last week <g>).

I forgot to ask Ken how often the oil was changed during the test, but I
believe you should change it regularly.  (I think the book says every 3000
miles.)

Randall