Re: Rocker Oil Feeder Kit: Good Idea?

To: "Heglund, Davis (MN17)" <dheglund@SGP.Honeywell.com>
Subject: Re: Rocker Oil Feeder Kit: Good Idea?
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 12:03:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Heglund, Davis (MN17) wrote:

> Listers,   Looking for opinions on whether the add-on kit for increasing oil
> flow to the rockers on the GT/TR 6 engine is really necessary.   Haven't run
> my GT6 enough to develop an opinion myself.
>    Dave H.    '69 GT6 (The Mistress)

You'll get different answers on this one.  Some say that adding the
feeder to a stock or worn engine will result only in over-oiling
the top, leading to sooty exhaust, plug fouling, etc.  Then there are those
that claim
that the external feed is necessary to compensate for the engine's poor
lubrication in this area.  I added one to my GT6, since the motor had been
rebuilt, and I have noticed no deleterious effects in over a year.  And I feel
confident that the rockers are better off with the extra essence of dinosaur
pouring over them.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6