RE: TR4 Carpeting - The review

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: RE: TR4 Carpeting - The review
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:26:35 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Brian,

Nice talking to you last night.

> Just took a quick look at the pictures.  On the tunnel....
> the front piece and the back piece are separated by the
> crinkle painted support yoke.... so they are probably the
> right length.

Thats entirely possible.  That was one think I couldn't do with mine.  I don't
have the dash in place so I wouldn't be easy for me to put the console
support in place.  The way the body tub is situated right now its tough to
fit that kind of stuff.

> The rear tunnel piece is not right... it looks like it was
> made for a 4A/250/6  with the formed surrond intead of the
> open rubber gaiter.  There shoild be a round hole with trim
> sewed  all around.

Agreed, now if I can get them to correct it!

> The rear deck problem sure looks real unless the piece is
> not dowm far enough.

I think Brian Schlorff explained it correctly in his post.  If you haven't read
it
by now I'm sure you will!

> BTW how is the carpet quality overall?

I felt the quality overal was quite good.  The pieces that needed Jut backing
had it put in place.  I certainly couldn't find anything quality wise to
complain about.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 2/15/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108