Re: TR's At Road America

To: <Trmgafun@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR's At Road America
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:08:44 -0600
> From: Trmgafun@aol.com

> I recently finished reading an article in Triumph Over Triumph, about
Paul
> Richardson's visit to Road America in Wisconsin while visiting the States
last
> Summer.  There was a Triumph gathering there like there has been in the
past,
> but somehow I missed this one.

Previous TRiumph gatherings at Road America, such as VSCDA at Road America
in 1996, had TRiumph as the featured marque for the event, and they were
promoted as such. TRiumph was NOT the featured car at the Brian Redman
International Challenge (formerly Chicago Historic Races) last summer.

The TRiumph gathering that Paul Richardson wrote about in TOT was an
informal gathering of TR racers. TR4 vintage racer Joe Alexander (red TR4,
#197) had an idea that since the race weekend and the VTR Convention were
on consecutive weekends, it would be an extra dose of fun to encourage TR
racers from all over the country to come to the midwest and do both events.
Since Joe happens to be a delightful individual, as well as a known TR
lover, many TR racers came to this event from as far away as California and
Florida (and of course had a great time). Paul Richardson was Joe's guest
for both the race weekend and VTR (BTW, Joe lives in Iowa, not Ohio as Paul
wrote in his article).

> Does anyone know of any more such events coming up in the future?

SVRA is hosting their annual vintage race weekend June 25-27, with one of
the feature races being a challenge race between TR's and MG's. There are
supposed to be activities planned for the street cars/spectators as well.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
66 TR4A CT52499
Highland Park, IL