Draught excluder/fuzzy seals in TR-4A door

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Draught excluder/fuzzy seals in TR-4A door
From: r-james@tamu.edu
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 99 16:32:41
I am installing "draught excluders", or door seals from Moss on my TR-4A;
they consist of a neoprene extrusion which fits snugly over the lip of
the door opening (this portion of the seal is covered with a velvety
fabric) plus a soft neoprene "bulb" section that the closed door
seals against.  (Apparently the original seals fit instead into a
channel welded to the door opening--I now wish I had ground those
channels off for a cleaner door opening.)

My question:  does this seal continue up the windscreen frame, for the
side window to seal against?  Presently, the windscreen is off my car,
but I'm about ready to put it back on, and I can't tell whether
the seal continues or should be cut off at the top of the door
(level with the padded dash top.)

My TR-4A project is only days away from getting on the road--I put
the last two coats of paint on Saturday, and it really looks nice
(for an amateur paint job)!

Thanks,
Ray
Ray W. James, P.E., Ph.D.