One 76 TR6 Naked!!

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: One 76 TR6 Naked!!
From: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 16:31:56 -0700
    That's right folks, the body is off the chassis!! Man, what a huge
morale booster to get this done. I remembered an old come-along i've had
for about 20 years and started playing around with different hookups
from the garage rafters and the car. I used a tow rope to connect to the
seat belt bolts on the rear fender wells and the emergency brake bolt on
the tranny tunnel.
     I'd crank the come-along and the body kept rising......hhhmmmmm
should i keep doing this here by myself? Who'll call the hospital when
the rafters bust or the come-along breaks apart? I wonder what that
come-along is rated for anyway? I finally got the body high enough to
shake it loose of the engine compartment. a jogger stopped and offered
help which i gladly accepted (at least he could call 911). With alot of
jockeying, we got the body on the wooden rolling rack after pushing the
chassis out from underneath the raised body. WAY COOL!!
    Special thanks to Mike Cline, Brian Kemp, Greg Thompson, and Alan
Myers for providing great input that gave me the courage to try this
crazy scheme! Watch out chassis, here i come!
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (in 2 pieces!)
Denver, Co