Re: Yet another Triumph

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Yet another Triumph
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 01:09:03 -0700
Cc: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Andrew Mace wrote:

> > Unfortunately the tires on Andy's vehicle were so low profile that they
> > failed to trip the timing device on the first run.  And the valves were
> > suspect on the power unit so a second run was not attempted.  Good
> > thing, too.  He might have embarassed a few of us other autocrosser's!
>
> Also, after the first run the 34-year-old OEM Dunlop front tire was
> showing serious signs of breakdown. Were it not for that, I'm sure I
> (wheeze) coulda gone (cough, wheeze) much fas(cough, cough, wheeze)ter!

Hmmm, perhaps a gear ratio change is in order, or perhaps some
supercharging (would that compensate for the additional weight of the
oxygen bottle? <g>). Perhaps the aging  Dunlops will require
replacements with Pirellis? <smile> I'm sure everyone is looking for the
race modifications in 1999.... <g>

Cheers, Andy.