Re: TR3-TR4 crank starting

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca, brad.kahler@141.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3-TR4 crank starting
From: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:48:46 -0500
Hi John,
 I used to crank start my TR3 when my starter went kaput. As long as the car
starts easy electrically, cranking is not too bad. If it's a hard starter it
could get old fast. I did this for about 2-3 months. The only hard part for
me was: I had a nicely warmed over engine that didn't idle real smooth and
it was a race between starting to hopping in the car to keep it running.
Also you need a good emergency brake or chocks because you can't have it in
gear when you are out front starting the thing. (not the greatest idea)
Anyway, it is kinda fun and the looks you get are pretty interesting.

Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 Triumph TR3A
73 Triumph GT6