RE: SU's

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SU's
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:32:02 -0500
 Randall Young writes:

>The way to stop it is to quit overfilling them !
>The correct level is down about 2 1/8" from the top of the chamber.  If
>you look carefully, there is a step inside the inner piston at this
>point.  Any oil above that step does no good, and is eventually going to
>find it's way through the vent into the engine.

>Randall

The best way to tell if you need oil in the dashpots is to remove the
air cleaner and lift up on the piston.  If there is resistance to the
upward movement then you have enough oil.  If they move up with no
resistance then add oil.  I think you will find that you get along
just fine with a lot less oil than you thought you could.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA

57 TR3
71 TR6