Re: Next SU carb question

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: Next SU carb question
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:23:12 -0800 "Re: Next SU carb question" (Mar 15, 4:26pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Next SU carb question

[snip]

> I don't think thats float level, but, jet level. How many turns down on
> the jet adjustment nut, are they each the same turns down ??
>-- End of excerpt from vafred@erols.com

The jet adjustment nuts are currently screwed all the way up (closest
to the carb body.) One experiment I did try was to fill each float
chamber with gas until the fuel level reached the top of the jet and
the level of the fuel in the chambers was close to the same on both
carbs. This leads me to think that the problem may have something to
do with the float needles/seats. I'm thinking about switching the
float bowl lids tonight to see if anything changes.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com