Re: negative camber

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: negative camber
From: "Kevin N. Andrews" <kevina@emji.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:35:51 -0500
I recently aligned a 6 with new springs in the rear. The right rear had
3.50 negative camber and the left had 2.75 negative camber.The brackets was
still in the original position. Outer brakets was 1 up and the inner was 3
up.
        What I did was removed the inner brakets and replaced them with 2 notch
brakets with the notches down. I then had 0 degrees on the right and .25
negative on the left.
        It is so nice to have the alingnment machine to see the changes.
One of our members in the club has made a small chart on a 6 we did a year
ago with the chages we made. We didn't have enough time to do all 36
combinations.
        There is a guy who has designed a braket that fits on the inner to
change
the rear camber by sliding it up and down. He has put it on his 6 and I
have aligned it with them. It is a nice set up. The only thing I see is
slipage. I feel safer knowing that the arm is tight and not moving. He
still drives it and hasn't moved yet. The cost of the kit is @$150. If
anyone is interested I can give you his phone number.
Kevin Andrews
Siler City,NC
250's CD2908LO
         CD7766L

----------
> From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
> To: 'TR6 List' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: RE: negative camber
> Date: Monday, March 15, 1999 1:56 PM
>

> Peter Zaborski wrote:
>
> > This is the original post from Brain Lanoway
> > <mailto:Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.ca> ...enjoy.
>
> [Prior posts on the relationship between trailing arm brackets and camber
> snipped]
>
> Thanks Peter - I wanted to give Brian the opportunity to post it himself,
> since he'd obviously put a lot of work into these calculations and should
> get all the credit for it. But since we haven't heard from him, I'm glad
you
> dug it out.
>
> I know that Brian's chart saved me many hours of trial and error, and
I've