Re: chrome

To: <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: chrome
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:30:40 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
I sort of started this chrome thread on Saturday by writing that I had just
picked up my newly rechromed bumpers  Since then there's been a number of
emails asking for prices and recommendations of shops to do the work. So far
I've seen price quotes ranging form $100 (unbelievable price!) to $300 for
one bumper ( the price range I paid for triple plating). My original
recommendation stands.......... if you want to find a good, high quality,
reputable chrome shop, ask at the custom biker or hot rod shops. Do you
really think a biker..... and I'm talking the Harley crowd here..... would
put up with what Nu-Chrome did to this lister??? Maybe once, but word would
get out and they'd never go there or recommend them again. I've found the
biker crowd to be very friendly and as proud of their bikes as we are of out
Triumphs. I've got as many "thumbs up" from them as I have from other LBC
owners. I'm sure prices vary around the country, but $300 - 350 per bumper
for triple plating is probably closer to the "norm". BTW....... the TR6 hit
the road today for the first time in 3 months...... sunny and almost 60 in
Connecticut after 9 -12" of snow on Monday!!
Just my 2 cents.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD