How to Electronic Ignition a 79 spit 1500 cheaply?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: How to Electronic Ignition a 79 spit 1500 cheaply?
From: Dave Brink <dbrink@niu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:21:33 -0600
I think my spit came with EI, but something fried out on the PO and it
got swapped out for points.  Anyone totally bastardized their
distributor and want to share their findings (assuming stock engine
block of course)?  I'm not too proud to stick anything in there, as long
as I can set it and forget it.  Maybe shim/machine something to fit the
tube and braze/grind some drive lugs.