Re: Stag overheating problem - help!

To: "Lawrence G. Miceli" <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Stag overheating problem - help!
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:38:28 -0500 (EST)
Cc: stag@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Larry:

I don't own a Stag, but I did remember that I had a couple of magazine
articles on this car.  Both mention the overheating problem.

The magazines are:

Practical Classics, January 1998 p. 112 - 113

Thoroughbred & Classic Cars, April 1998 p.66 -71
(this was a special Triumph focus issue)

The second article has a separate section on the Stag engine.  It states
that most problems were due to owner neglect;  BL failure to specify
the use of antifreeze needed with the alloy head; regular flush outs; and
too small of a radiator.  It looks like you have these four covered with
your rebuild.

If you can't get these articles (and want them), I can mail photocopies to
you if you email me your address.

Robert Carley (waiting for warm weather)
73 TR6
Campbellville, Ontario, Canada