Re: TR6 rear-end noises & diff life?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 rear-end noises & diff life?
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:14:55 -0800
Peter Belej wrote:
>This may sound silly, but it is all that this 'Tim Allen Wannabe' can
>come up with.  Could it have been something in you boot that just was
>rolling around (a jack, your tools that shifted, a container that fell
>over then got propped up and then fell over again???)  -geez with that
>reply I would think that I could apply for a job on 'car talk'.  Anyway,
>let me know what it is, when you figure it out.  I own a TR6 and am
>contemplating taking it to Camp Lejune with me, then off to Pensacola,
>where I know it will fit in nicely.  Anyway, I hope I hepled.

Peter:

Well, it would almost HAVE to be something like this... I can't understand
what would be MOVING under there to make such a clunk when stopped when in
nuetral and idling.  However, my trunk was packed pretty solid, so I can't
think of what it would be that would have been knocking around in there.
I'll explore that a little more, though, 'cuz it's really the only thing
that makes any sense.

I liked the jab about "Car Talk"... it's a funny show, but you're right...
it does seem like any number of mechanical problems can be caused by a
"loose heat shield" or something like that!

Thanks for the help!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6