Fwd: What makes you buy a classic car magazine?boundary="part0_922053800

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: What makes you buy a classic car magazine?boundary="part0_922053800_boundary"
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:03:19 EST

--part0_922053800_boundary

In a message dated 3/21/99 2:04:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, Gbouff1 writes:

<<

 Hi John,

 Here's my 2 cents on what I would like to see in a Triumph magazine.  For
what it's worth, I currently subscribe to Triumph over Triumph.  While there
have been some very interesting articles, I will not be renewing my
subscription.  The reason; no USA content, almost no USA advertising, and it
is very expensive for a 24 page magazine that has only 6 issues a year.  I
would subscribe to a Triumph magazine that had the following content, which is
not necessarily listed in the order of importance.

 1.  HISTORY;  Articles on the history of Triumph especially racing and
production.  Personal stories of former drivers and engineers/production
personnel.

 2.  COLOR PHOTOGRAPHS;  Lots of them, I don't know any owner that doesn't
like to look at the "baby" pictures of his or her model.  Show details of
production changes for those of us doing restorations.

 3.  DO IT MONTHLY;  A monthly magazine holds my interest and keeps the
publisher "in my face" this appeals to me as well as your advertisers.

 4.  OWNER OF THE MONTH;  Detailed article on owners from around the world on
their restoration, rallying, or racing exploits, etc.

 5.  CALENDAR OF EVENTS;  Promote this as THE forum to keep Triumph
enthusiasts informed of major events.

 6.  LOCAL CONTENT;  I am interested in what is happening in England.  I am
VERY interested in what is happening in the USA.  Our friends in Australia
probably feel the same way.  Feature articles and advertisers from around the
world.

 7.  MAKE IT INTERESTING TO ALL GROUPS; Include regular articles on the
current happenings in racing, restoration, modifications ( I can hear the
purist grinding their teeth).

 8.  NEW PRODUCTS;  Give vendors a forum for the introduction of new products
or services.

 9.  E-MAIL:  Establish an e-mail site to get current feedback on the response
to the publication.  In include these responses in "letter to the editor".

 Well, that's enough pontificating for now, I hope that these thoughts are of
use to you.

 Regards,
 Gary Bouffard ( Connecticut, USA)
 59 TR3A TS58399 >>