Re: Vinyl Adhesive for cockpit surround

To: miket@urgrgcc.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vinyl Adhesive for cockpit surround
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:41:09 EST
Hi Mike,
I'm using DAP Weldwood contact cement for my TR3A interior also.
I'm very pleased with the results on the dash and glove box. I've bought some
cotton batting and continue to work on the cockpit surrounds. I'll put down a
layer of batting and cover with vinyl.
Should I be concerned about the longevity of the contact cement? Were the
surfaces that you worked on clean? When I pulled off the old vinyl, I noticed
that they were VERY generous about applying the vinyl on the interior of the
pieces (more surface area......more purchase.....better adhesion)
I'll keep you posted as I continue the intrior trim.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN 3L78708
60 TR3A TS 81398 L